This Taylor Swift-inspired mocktail series is giving me life. I need something to hold me over until the Eras Tour ya know? This creamy, sparkling Anti-Hero Mocktail is cherry-lime flavored and topped with LOTS of nondairy whipped cream. I’m not sure what it is about that combination that I found to be sinister but sweetness and perkiness can be deceiving. Make it this weekend and start the transition into your Villain Era.
Anti-Hero Mocktail Ingredients
- Soda Water: Any unsweetened sparkling water will do. If you don’t want to do plain you can sub in lemon or lime flavored.
- Lime Juice: Please use fresh-squeezed lime juice for this! As you will be using artificial cherry flavor with the grenadine it’s important to accompany that with a fresh element. This will elevate the entire mocktail.
- Grenadine: Grenadine is a popular bar syrup used in many cocktails. It produces a deep, red color when added to drinks and possesses a light, cherry flavor. That said, grenadine is actually made from pomegranates. Weird right? Corn syrup is likely to blame for this BUT as it is often paired with maraschino cherries in drinks like the Shirley Temple, we as a people have made it cherry. LOL.
- Nondairy Heavy Cream: Nondairy heavy cream can typically be found in the grocery store with the milk or the coffee creamer. You want to make sure you are purchasing unflavored and unsweetened nondairy cream. If you can’t find it don’t worry. You can omit this item from your recipe and add in additional whipped cream.
- Nondairy Whipped Cream: Nondairy whipped cream should be available in your local grocery store in the dairy section. I purchased a coconut based whipped cream in a can from Trader Joe’s but any base or brand will work!
- Be sure to add the ingredients to your glass in the order outlined in the recipe. This will ensure the most beautiful presentation. Also, do NOT stir the ingredients together! Allow your guest to do this themself upon receiving their drink. It’s part of the experience.
- If you find that your mocktail is not sweet enough, go ahead and add an extra touch of grenadine. Be careful not to overdo this as the flavor can become overwhelmingly artificial very quickly.
- Garnish, garnish, garnish! I know they are optional but please don’t leave out the cherries and lime slices. They bring the drink together leaving you with a showstopper that is sure to impress your guests…especially if they are Taylor Swift fans!
Please remember if you make this recipe to snap a pic and share with @censoredbaker on instagram!Print
Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero” Mocktail
Creamy, sparkling cherry-lime mocktail inspired by Taylor Swift’s Anti-Hero.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 Mocktails 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
1 1/2 c soda water
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp grenadine
2 tbsp nondairy heavy cream
nondairy whipped cream to top
cherries and lime slices for garnish
1. Fill 2 glasses with crushed ice. Pour soda water and lime juice over the ice. Drizzle the grenadine into each glass followed by the heavy cream. Do not mix at this time! Top each drink with nondairy whipped cream and a cherry if desired. Serve immediately.
*If you can’t find nondairy heavy cream you can leave it out and add extra nondairy whipped topping instead.
Keywords: taylor swift, mocktail, cherry mocktail, lime mocktail, cream mocktail, taylor swift mocktail, anti-hero mocktail