It’s Taylor Swift Mocktail time again! This week we are on track 4 of “Midnights” and this drink may be my favorite yet. This “Snow on the Beach” Mocktail is big on frozen, tropical vibes. Pineapple-coconut flavor accompanied by frosty lemon-blueberry will leave you feeling like you are walking the sand as it flurries down all around you.
- Blueberries: For the blueberry syrup, blueberries can be either fresh or frozen. You will be boiling them down with sugar so use whatever you have on hand.
- Sugar: Regular, granulated sugar works best here. Don’t get fancy and substitute a sugar alternative. It won’t work the way you want it to!
“Snow on the Beach” Mocktail
- Blueberries: These blueberries will be muddled at the bottom of your cocktail glass to diffuse additional flavor. You can use fresh or frozen berries. If you choose to go the frozen route make sure the berries are thawed so they aren’t too hard to squish.
- Pineapple Juice: Store bought pineapple juice works well here. If you can’t find 100% pineapple juice anywhere in your grocery store, you can purchase a can or two of sliced pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Canned Coconut Milk: Full fat, canned coconut milk is a great dairy-free replacement for heavy cream. Be sure you aren’t purchasing canned coconut cream or light coconut milk. Prior to measuring your canned coconut milk, mix it thoroughly to evenly distribute the fat and water.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh squeezed lemon juice brings a nice level of acidity to our mocktail to break up the sweetness. Do not use lemon juice from concentrate.
- Blueberry Syrup: You will be making this yourself! I promise it’s easy!
- If you are planning to make this mocktail for a party or gathering, it’s a great idea to make the blueberry syrup ahead of time. Prepare the syrup according to recipe instructions and then place in a sealed jar or container in the fridge until you are ready to prepare your drinks. You can do this up to a week in advance.
- When purchasing (or picking) your lemons, look for the ones that have a little bit of give when squeezed. This indicated juiciness. Roll lemons on counter a few times before squeezing to get the juices flowing.
- Invest in a good cocktail shaker. Cheap plastic ones can crack or leak when used, making a huge mess in your kitchen and wasting your ingredients. A nice shaker isn’t too expensive and will last forever.
Please remember if you make this recipe to snap a pic and share with @censoredbaker on instagram!Print
Taylor Swift “Snow on the Beach” Mocktail
Taylor Swift “Midnights” inspired “Snow on the Beach” Mocktail. Frozen, tropical vibes abound with pineapple, coconut, lemon and blueberry flavors!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Assembly Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 Mocktail 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
For Blueberry Syrup
1/2 c blueberries
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c water
1–2 tbsp blueberries
2 oz pineapple juice
1 1/2 oz full fat coconut milk*
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz blueberry syrup
1. To make the blueberry syrup, combine frozen blueberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow mixture to bubble for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Drizzle syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a jar or other airtight container. Seal and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. To make the mocktail, muddle thawed frozen blueberries in bottom of desired cocktail glass. Fill glass the rest of the way with crushed ice. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine pineapple juice, coconut milk, lemon juice and blueberry syrup. Cover and shake for 30 seconds. Pour into cocktail glass over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh blueberries if desired. Serve.
*Be sure to use full fat coconut milk from a can. This will add an adequate level of creaminess to your mocktail.
**You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. If you use frozen, be sure they are thawed before muddling.
Keywords: taylor swift, taylor swift recipe, snow on the beach cocktail, taylor swift cocktail, taylor swift mocktail, pineapple mocktail, blueberry mocktail, tropical mocktail