For some reason this track on “Midnights” has had very mixed reviews. I promise you this mocktail recipe will not – it will be beloved by all! The Vigilante Shit Mocktail has a dark, blackberry base accompanied by both lime and pomegranate flavors. I like to think mother Taylor would approve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vigilante Shit Mocktail Ingredients
- Blackberry Simple Syrup: Traditional, un-infused simple syrup is an equal mixture of sugar and water, heated over the stove until the sugar dissolves. To make blackberry simple syrup, add in an equal part of fresh berries during this process. The result is a delightful, sticky syrup infused with tart blackberry flavor!
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate juice is filled with antioxidants and has a wonderful, tart flavor. You want to make sure you are buying 100% pure pomegranate juice so that there is no added sugar. It pairs really well with the blackberry syrup, ensuring the mocktail is not too sweet.
- Lime Juice: Juicing 1/2 lime per drink is enough to do the trick. Lime adds a nice freshness and sharpness to the drink, cutting through the sugar. Do not use lime juice from concentrate! It won’t taste right.
- Sparkling Water: Any unsweetened sparkling water or soda water will do here. Plain works well or you can substitute lime or lemon flavored water for an extra citrus kick.
How to Make Blackberry Simple Syrup
Making blackberry simple syrup is super easy. Whether you are making this “Vigilante Shit” Mocktail or not, this is a great syrup to have on hand should a cocktail or mocktail craving strike!
All you need to do is combine equal parts sugar, water and fresh berries in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Run it through a sieve, transfer to a jar, seal and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Boom! Blackberry simple syrup ready to be used and enjoyed for up to two weeks!
Use it in drinks (obviously) or drizzle it over the top of ice cream, desserts or even pancakes. The world is your oyster!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Vigilante Shit Mocktail
- A great make-ahead tip is to prepare the blackberry simple syrup in advance. If you make the syrup the night before you intend to use it, you will save yourself time and cleanup on the day of.
- Running the blackberry simple syrup through a sieve is totally necessary. If you don’t it will be full of seeds! Pour in just a little at a time and press down on the mesh with your hands to squeeze out as much juice as possible. Continue until all syrup has been filtered.
- The amount of blackberry simple syrup this recipe prepares is 4 ounces. 1 ounce is required per mocktail. If you would like to make more than 4 mocktails, scale the recipe as desired.
- When serving mocktails, fun ice is a must! If you don’t have an ice tray that creates cool-looking cubes, used crushed ice. It creates a nice texture and makes any cold drink more enjoyable.
- If you don’t like pomegranate juice no worries! You can sub cranberry or grape juice. Whatever you choose, just make sure it is 100% juice.
If you make this recipe, please tag @censoredbaker on Instagram!Print
Taylor Swift “Vigilante Shit” Mocktail
Mocktail inspired by “Vigilante Shit” track on Taylor Swift’s album “Midnights.” Sweet, blackberry-lime flavor topped with the perfect amount of carbonation.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 Mocktail 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
For the Mocktail
1 oz blackberry simple syrup
1/4 c pomegranate juice
1 tbsp lime juice
sparkling water to top
For the Blackberry Simple Syrup
1/2 c fresh blackberries
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c water
crushed ice or fancy ice cubes for serving
lime wedges + fresh blackberries for garnish
- Blackberry Simple Syrup: Start by making the blackberry simple syrup. Add fresh blackberries, sugar and water to a small saucepan. Heat on stove over medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Berries should start to break down and mixture should resemble a thin syrup. Remove from heat and cool in pan for 10 minutes before running through a fine mesh sieve into a jar. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before use.
- Assemble Mocktail: To make the mocktail, add desired amount of ice to a glass tumbler or cocktail glass. Add in 1 oz of the prepared blackberry simple syrup, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Top with desired amount of sparkling water. Garnish and serve immediately.
*It’s a great idea to make the blackberry simple syrup the night before you plan to make the mocktails. This will save you time and cleanup later and allow the simple syrup to chill overnight. This syrup will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*This amount of blackberry simple syrup produced by this recipe is enough to make four mocktails. Scale recipe as necessary.
Keywords: taylor swift recipe, vigilante shit cocktail, taylor swift cocktail, taylor swift mocktail, blackberry mocktail, lime mocktail