It’s finally time for our Taylor Swift “Midnights” mocktail series to come to an end. Fortunately for all involved, we are going out with a bang! This Taylor Swift “Mastermind” Mocktail is light, lemony and refreshing. Nothing screams sophistication and masterminded-ness quite like an alcohol-free French 75. Let’s make it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
“Mastermind” Mocktail Ingredients
Overall, these components—simple syrup, lemon juice, lemon rind, and sparkling water—combine to create a well-balanced and flavorful mocktail. To illustrate, the simple syrup provides sweetness, the lemon juice adds tanginess, the lemon rind adds aroma and visual appeal, and the sparkling water brings effervescence and lightness to the cocktail.
- Simple Syrup: Simple syrup is a common ingredient used in mocktails as it adds sweetness and balances the flavors of the drink. To explain, it is made by dissolving equal parts of sugar and water together, creating a liquid with a concentrated sweet taste. In the case of this drink, simple syrup is essential to offset the tartness of the lemon juice and create a well-rounded, harmonious flavor profile.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a key ingredient in this mocktail as it provides a bright and refreshing citrus flavor. It adds a tangy and slightly acidic note that complements the sweetness of the simple syrup. The acidic nature of lemon juice also helps to balance the richness of other ingredients, contributing to a more vibrant and balanced taste.
- Lemon Rind: Lemon rind, specifically a twist or zest of lemon peel, is commonly used as a garnish in cocktails. It serves both aesthetic and aromatic purposes. The oils released from the lemon rind when twisted or expressed over the drink add a burst of fresh citrus fragrance to enhance the overall sensory experience.
- Sparkling Water: Sparkling water is used to top off the mocktail to give it a light and effervescent quality. It adds a pleasant fizziness to the drink, making it more refreshing and enjoyable. The sparkling water also helps to dilute the mixture slightly, mellowing the flavors and creating a smoother drinking experience.
Tips for Making a Great Taylor Swift “Mastermind” Mocktail
- Make the simple syrup in advance! The simple syrup recipe laid out in the recipe card below will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 month! Make it ahead of time so you can whip up a mocktail for yourself the second you get a craving.
- Quality Ingredients: Use fresh and high-quality ingredients to ensure the best flavors. It’s especially important to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a vibrant and authentic taste.
- Balance of Sweet and Sour: Adjust the amount of simple syrup and lemon juice to achieve the desired balance of sweetness and tartness. Taste as you go and make adjustments accordingly.
- Garnish with style! Garnish your mocktail with a lemon twist or zest for an added aromatic touch. You can also consider adding a sprig of fresh herbs like mint or thyme for visual appeal.
- Mocktail Presentation: Serve the mocktail in a champagne flute or a stylish glass to elevate its presentation. You can also add ice cubes or crushed ice to keep the drink chilled and refreshing.
- Rim the glass! For an extra touch, rim the glass with sugar or a mix of sugar and citrus zest. As a result this will add a subtle sweetness to each sip and provide an elegant look.
If you make this recipe please tag @censoredbaker on Instagram!Print
Taylor Swift “Mastermind” Mocktail
Mocktail inspired by Taylor Swift’s “Mastermind.” All of the sophistication and masterminded-ness of a French 75 with none of the alcohol.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 Mocktail 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
For the Mocktail
1 oz simple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
1-inch lemon rind
sparkling water to top
For the Simple Syrup
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c water
- Simple Syrup: Start by making the simple syrup. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat on stove over medium. Heat until all sugar is dissolved and mixture is gently bubbling. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a sealable container like a jar. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Mocktail Preparation: To make the mocktail, combine simple syrup, lemon juice and lemon rind in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake together for about 30 seconds. Pour mixture into a cocktail glass filled to the top with ice. Top glass with sparkling water and garnish with lemon peel.
*You can make the simple syrup in advance! It will keep in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. The amount made using this recipe is enough for about 6 drinks. Scale up the recipe if needed.
Keywords: taylor swift recipes, taylor swift mocktails, mocktail recipes, lemon mocktail, virgin french 75